Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Getting Started !!!


I am a 22 year old young woman that always loved recycling and picking up trash to make a location save for the animals to live.  But what I love the most is the self-worth feeling that I get after I do something that I know made a good impact on the earth.  Recently while I was on the internet, I came across a bird that caught my eye and made something inside me want to help it.  So I decided to make a non-profit Facebook page that would raise awareness for the Eastern Loggerhead Shrike bird, which is the bird that I took an interest of.  After I have accumulated a good amount of “Likes” on the page, I plan on presenting it to an organization in Quebec, where the bird is located, and see if there is a possibly that they would like to take ownership of my Facebook page to help them spread the important news of this bird much faster to the public.  My goal is to have people in Quebec become much more interested in this bird and have them be willing to go out and help this bird be not endangered anymore.  Through the Facebook I also want to have the resources they need to prepare for, organize, and teach school children and others about the conservation that is needed for migratory birds and other birds which are endangered.  I am really excited and can’t wait to get started. : ) Picture of the Eastern Loggerhead Shrike

No comments:

Post a Comment