Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Future of My Bird and Project

I believe that the future of my bird project might become very useful one day when the right person with greater skills than mine takes over my Facebook page and reaches out to people in different regions in North America and gets them involved.  I do feel that my Facebook page has had an impact here in New Jersey by having some people aware of the issue that is happening in Quebec with these birds.  I think that information and persuasion is the key to helping these birds and I think that the best way to actually help and get something done is by taking action on the social media world.  Today is the world of technology and I feel that we need to take this opportunity and run with it and see where it takes us.  I on the other hand, have a strong fear that this situation that these eastern Loggerhead Shrikes are in might get worse before it gets better, but I hope that I am wrong.  I feel that there are not many people out there that seem to care about this bird as much as some people, which frustrates me.  I think this is a really cool bird to have in our ecosystem and for future generations to see and enjoy.  What the recovery programs that are doing in Quebec are very important and just might work if the other contributing factors to the birds are either taken away or diminished quickly.  If this happens in the near future, I don’t see why the Eastern Loggerhead Shrike population can’t grow and flourish enough for them to be taken off the endangered list, which I hope happens soon. : )    

No comments:

Post a Comment